In 1920, three branch members established a student loan fund. By 1965, that loan fund had evolved into the scholarship fund.
Today AAUW-Great Falls funds two types of scholarships for Cascade County Women.
The Baccalaureate/Graduate Scholarship (Traditional) is for a junior, senior or graduate woman and is awarded in the spring. The Associate Degree Scholarship for women who are nontraditional students working on an Associate Degree. The Associate Degree Scholarship is awarded in the fall.
- Must be a female resident of Cascade County for a minimum of 6 months.
- Must be a nontraditional student, i.e. someone whose formal education has been interrupted, whether before or after finishing high school.
- Must be enrolled in a program leading to an Associate Degree.
- Must have earned at least 30 credits by the end of this fall semester.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits..
- Must be attending a college or university located in Cascade County accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges or another Association recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Submit a fully completed Application including the Estimated Family Contribution release form.
- Submit a current college transcript.
- Submit 1 current faculty and 1 current personal or employer reference letter. It is the applicant’s responsibility to be certain the two recommendations have been submitted to the Scholarship Committee by the required References need to be submitted directly from the referrer in a sealed envelope. (Suggestion: provide the person writing the letter with a stamped envelope that has been preaddressed—see address below.)
Selection of applicants:
The Associate Degree Scholarship Committee will prioritize the selection of applicants based on these criteria:
- Financial need, including EFC rating
- Scholastic achievement
- Reference letters
- Other information provided on the application
Send the completed application and transcripts postmarked at the latest on Friday, October 19, 2018 to:
AAUW Associate Degree Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 2962
Great Falls, MT 59403
Applications will not be considered unless all materials are received by the deadline. If you have any questions, please contact Jane Hashley, 452-0329 or firstname.lastname@example.org